Coming from Brazil, Letícia Tórgo has always dreamed about this image of a writer working on a book while watching the snow fall through the window. Fate would have chosen Montreal as the new home of the writer.
Before arriving in Montreal in July 2014, Letícia had already had a fine literary career in her home country. In 2013, she launched her first fiction book “Uma janela para nove irmãos” (A window with nine children). The book is based on the history of her family in southern Brazil and was launched in two states of the country (Rio de Janeiro and Rio Grande do Sul) with 1000 copies.
In January 2014, she wrote and produced the theater show and children’s book “O príncipe dos porquês” (The Prince of Why). The show was present for five months in two different theaters of Rio de Janeiro and was seen by more than 12,000 spectators.
With her experience in the production of shows, Letícia has also written digital books: “Eu tenho um projeto …” (I have a project … Practical manual to take out ideas from your drawer) and “Confissões de uma Produtora Cultural” (Confessions of a Cultural Producer).
Letícia has now started her international career as a writer in French and English, watching the snow fall through the window. Among her new projects, we highlight the books “The Message of the Mountain” and “Meow or Miau”. Currently, Letícia also writes the theater show “Everything I have, I bring with me”.
Letícia has a bachelor’s degree in social communication, a bachelor’s degree in cinema and television, a post-graduate degree in film and television creation and production, and an MBA in marketing. She speaks Portuguese from Brazil, French, English, Spanish and some Italian.
… and she continues to love snow, even after her third winter in Quebec.
- nov-dec 2017 | She has produced the Canadian theater show “Siri” in Rio de Janeiro.
- nov2017 | She was invited to participate in the mentoring program of the Black Theater Workshop in Montreal, where she began writing the theatrical text “Everything I have, I bring it with me”.
- sep 2017 | She has signed the dramaturgy of the theater show “Somos ici”, with Florence Bobier, presented at MAI – Montréal arts interculturels, in French.
- sep 2017 | She presented the literary text “A window to nine brothers and sisters” at the closing of the Cultural Entrepreneurship course at Le Case at Bain Mathieu, Montreal.
- jun 2017 | She attended the Glassco Translation Residency in Tadoussac, where she translated the Canadian theater show “Siri” from French to Brazilian Portuguese.
- sep 2016 | Launch of the digital book “Confessions of a cultural producer”.
- sep 2015 | She launched the digital book “I have a project … Practical manual to get your projects out of the drawer”.
- jul 2014 | She moved from Rio de Janeiro to Montreal.
- jan 2014 | She launched the book and premiered the children’s theater show “The Prince of Why” in Rio de Janeiro.
- jul2013| Launch of the book “A window for nine brothers and sisters” in Rio Grande do Sul.
- jun2013 | Launch of the book “A window for nine brothers and sisters” in à Rio de Janeiro.
[A window with nine children] “is a book I recommend unceremoniously. Leticia managed to break down my barriers against national authors. Impossible to reach the last page without at least sketching a minimum of emotion. “ – Gramado’s Tips (February / 2014)
[A window with nine children] “Whatever happens, thanks to Leticia, the intimate memories of this house – and its residents – now serve the history of us all.” – Araci Queiroz is a journalist (July / 2013)
The children’s response to the play and to the book [The Prince of Whys] are immediate.” – Integration Journal (May / 2014)